As members of the hospice team, volunteers compassionately support individuals with comfort and assisting with daily activities. Specially trained Northeast Ohio Hospice volunteers can serve on a regular basis with opportunities such as:
- Companionship through friendly visits, actively listening, playing music and letter writing
- Sharing interests such as reading, listening to music, completing crafts or gardening
- Assisting with errands
- Appointment assistance such as helping the patient/family with shopping, social outings or getting to appointments (on campus)
- Homemaking tasks such as light housekeeping, laundry and meal preparation
- Spiritual services such as prayer, going to Mass and the Threshold Choir
Becoming a volunteer
Ready to volunteer? The steps are simple:
- Call our volunteer coordinator at (216) 581-2900 to discuss your interests.
- Complete a volunteer application. (Groups need only the contact person to complete the application.)
- Decide what opportunity is right for you and how much time you would like to volunteer.
- Join us for a brief orientation.
- Begin volunteering!